Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good bye 2011.....


What can I say about 2011? After last year, it certainly was welcome relief. It's actually been a little strange, surreal even, for me. This year saw me head to France, something that I have longed for, dreamed for, most of my life. I've felt weird since coming home and have never really understood why. Does this happen to most people when their only dream comes true? France always seemed like that dream that could just never come true, and when it did, left me feeling a little flat. So it's taken a little while to get over, if that makes sense! I felt that this year I wanted to make some changes in my life, reduce some clutter, find my way, and stop sweating the small stuff. I feel I've done that. I faced the first year hurdle of losing my beloved pets, China and Max, and have found love in some new furry additions to the family. I starting making quilts and bunnies again after what seemed like the biggest break ever (and I actually had thought I would never make them again) and really enjoyed it. I've made a great new friendship with a like minded blogger who I am so glad moved so very close to me. And in the last few weeks I've really had a good think about what I want to achieve for myself and my family this next year and it feels really good. I've also come to realise that I'm probably the most contented I have been in a very, very long time. I've always been a happy and positive person, but it really takes a lot of effort to achieve that, this year it has almost felt like a weight has lifted and I'm finally in a place where it just isn't as hard work to be that happy positive person, I just am.

I'm really looking forward to the next year. My eyes are open and things are clear. Thanks for stopping by all year, it has really meant a lot. I hope that 2012 is kind to all of us, happy new year everyone!

XX

image found here

8 comments:

Vic said...

What a year! I wish that blogger had moved close to me... ;)

Happy New Year Sel, I hope 2012 is awesome sauce. xx

Michelle said...

Happy new year! I hope it's a great 2012 for you.

teddybearswednesday said...

Happy Happy New Year Selina!!! I hope 2012 is a superb year for you xo

Leonie said...

Happy New Year Selina! I love that you are feeling happy and positive, what a wonderful place to be! Hope the new year is a fabulous one for you.

Fiona said...

Happy New Year... hope 2012 is fantastic for you...
Hugz

CurlyPops said...

Happy New Year Selina!
I'm so glad that you were able to live your dream and make it to France this year. What an amazing experience. Here's hoping that 2012 has much excitement planned for you!

Jodie said...

Your 2010 visited us in 2011 with the Loss of our fur friend Ruben. I have been ... You know... Gutted ... It's grief..but it seems so hard to explain when it is not a person. Now we have Finn to delight us. I'd love to see more of your fur babies in 2012.... Let's look forward to a wonderful 2012 !

Bron said...

Happy New Year - wishing for all good things for you in 2012! I think it's always hard coming home from a special holiday like france too!