Firstly, thank you for all your sweet messages and emails over the last 2 weeks offering condolences and checking in to see if I was alright. It's been a bit of a tough year, first losing my dog, my job, and now my beautiful cat. Max was with me for close to 16 years so to say I feel a little lost without him is an understatement. It will get better though.
So, moving on. I wanted to show off my gorgeous apron that I received from Sofia, all the way from Portugal, as part of Sarah's apron swap. Sofia sent me an apron with a beautiful design that is very typical of northern Portugal that she then embroidered over some of the design, her stitching is simply divine. Just gorgeous.
She also sent matching shopping bag, tea towel and potholder as well, so generous. Thank you Sofia, it is just fabulous, and thank you Sarah for organising such a fun swap. I was a little late in sending my apron to Sofia, so I will show off what I sent her when I know she has received it.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Wow. One whole year since Handmade Heaven opened its doors. I'm proud to say I've been there since day 1, since the 16th of June 2009. Liesa has decided to mark the occasion with some festivities. And some pressies. Everyone needs pressies on their 1st Birthday don't they? The catch is, its the Handmade Heaven shoppers who will get the pressies. In one big hamper. How cool, right?! I've added a little something and so have many other Handmadies. The kitty is growing. All you have to do is spend $20 or more in store to go in the draw. The winner will get picked out next Wednesday, the 16th on the official birthday.
On that day there will also be some great discount offers for shoppers as well. A bit of "thanks for your support" type of thing. So, if you pop in next Wednesday to Handmade Heaven I will be offering for one day only 20% off your total purchase when purchasing a quilt and bear/bunny in the same transaction (not including laybys). Buy a lap quilt for yourself and grab a bunny for a friend! There are quite a few baby quilts and a couple of lap quilts in stock at the moment and a number of bunnies as well.
So come along and join in the festivities, there will be balloons, cupcakes and the Handmade Hamper up for grabs! Hope to see you there!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Well, some of you may have noticed I dropped off the blogoshere a bit there (and thanks for the lovely emails asking if I was o.k. It was really appreciated.) I wish I could say I was whisked off to some exotic location for a well deserved holiday, but alas I picked up some cold/flu thing from my lovely daughter and have struggled a bit to get rid of it. I am feeling quite a lot better today though.
Over on Kate's blog she has answered 8 questions posed to her by her readers, and to get back my blogging mojo, I thought I would join in. Here goes.
1. Favourite meal to eat?... This is a hard one. I love food. I have many favourites and find it really hard to pick just one. It would probably be thai green chicken curry. I do love a simple at home together dinner though. Sunday night roast has become a bit of a tradition in our house of late and I'm just loving it. It won't be long before Miss 12 no longer wants to hang out with her parents of a weekend so I hope we can at least keep this tradition going so we can all catch up.
2. Do you have a quirky eccentricity?... umm, several! If you have been reading recently you would have read about my laundry love (as in everything laundry. I love washing, hanging it out, or on wet days, loading up the dryer and smelling the fabric softener wafting through the house) and I have also mentioned here about my hatred of feet (shudder). I also have an annoying habit of when I do my grocery shopping I have to line everything up on the conveyor belt in a very strict order. I do then expect the checkout chick to oblige my quirk by putting the groceries into the correct bags as to how I have lined them up. I absolutely hate it when they move things around and put them in the wrong bags, drives me mental. I mean, they don't even have to think, I've done it for them, why do they need to change the order of things?!!! anyhoo...
3. My middle name is?... well, nothing. I don't have one. I am named after my great, great grandmother, which some of you may find interesting. Maybe.
4. I am passionate about....mmm, this is the question that I have found the hardest. I would say chenille, but that sounds a little lame. I have mentioned here about my health issues before and I think that by dealing with that sort of thing my whole life has made me more appreciative of everything in my life. And I guess, without trying to sound cheesy, is what I am passionate about. Life. The little things. I never get bored. Even spending the day at home in front of the t.v in my pj's all day doesn't make me bored. In fact, I love it. I'm actually here to enjoy it. Maybe that sounds even lamer than being passionate about chenille?!
5. Thongs or birkenstocks?.. Thongs. For sure. Maybe I should also clarify here for the American readers, thongs are flip flops. Not the other things you are thinking of! I love thongs. I totally live in them. Being in Queensland too we can wear them almost all year long.
6. Who was I before I had kids?.. I was quite young when I had my daughter (22) so I guess I may not have really found myself yet. But dealing with health issues does make you grow up a hell of a lot faster I believe. I was going to UNI, studying photography, but I had always wanted to be a mum. Well, probably for as long as I was told I probably wouldn't be able to have any kids, that's when I wanted one!
7. Have I ever been arrested?... Umm, no. But I do think if I was passionate enough about something I would be willing to put myself in that position.
8. This weekend I will.... chill out. I have spent the last week coughing and sniffling so I will be sitting here in my pj's on the couch catching up on Ghost Whisperer eps with my feet up and trying to recover. And I will not be bored!
I hope you found some of that interesting. Thanks Kate for the inspiration.
eek, I'm not too sure about that photo! maybe I should find a better one!