Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent blog-a-long #1

IMGP3550

Do you have the tradition of putting up your Christmas tree and decorations on the 1st of December? In this house we have always done it, and with just the 3 of us in the house it makes for some nice family bonding time together. Over the years we have collected some weird and wonderful decorations that some (thankfully!) have not stood the test of time and have had to be thrown out. But somehow this hideous Yowie Santa just keeps on finding his way into the mix. Actually it's kind of the family "in" joke. Miss 14 found him in a Yowie candy (are they still around?) when she was only about 3 and the Mr insisted he had to be put on the tree. Over the years he has got higher and higher on the tree until last year he made it all the way to the top. A very big part of me would love to have the perfectly colour co-ordinated and styled tree, but then that would mean Yowie Santa would have to go. And we can't have that now can we.

And with that, the official countdown has begun!

Come and join in here with the Advent blog-a-long!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

It's funny about the Christmas decorations, isn't it? I still have the little gold pine cones I bought about 20 years ago my first Christmas living away from home. I won't ever get rid of them!

Car said...

My tree is filled with old and new a lot of hand me downs, hand made & lots of Crazy - how many christmas trees have Batman and Superman??

Actually Im thinking a yowie would be a great addition, do they come in blue :p

Buy Design said...

I used to hide the'special' ones that my kids made round the back of the tree and told the kids that it was so that they wouldn't get knocked off. I think they believed me.. Otherwise, I probably strangled their creativity and damaged them for life. oops..