Friday, December 31, 2010

Thank God that's over.....


Well, 2010 is almost done. I, for one, am glad for it to be over. This time last year I had such high hopes for 2010, and it all pretty much went downhill from the start. This time last year I did know that Rabbit photo was closing and that myself and many others would be out of jobs, but at that time I tried to see it as a good thing for me. Time for change and all that. I made plans that when my job finished up in March that I would try and make a real go of my crafting and try to make an actual living out of it. Then we had to have China put down. I was devastated, I was working too hard at that time and my health was suffering for it.

When my job ended, I ended up in hospital and trying to get myself back on track. Then Max got sick. I've found it hard to express just how much this upset me as I sometimes feel a little silly saying how much his loss has affected me, I mean, it's not like he was a person. But since Max died, I have not been the same. I lost a lot of my passion for things. I had lost my little man. After losing Max, again I ended up in hospital with my doctors starting to worry. Which of course made me worry. Which is something I try very hard not to do. And by this stage, it was only June. So for the second half of the year I spent a lot of it grieving and trying hard to move forward. On several occasions I almost shut the blog completely down, I was just finding it too hard to keep everything together. But then I reminded myself of all that I've gained from having this blog, the friendships, the connections with like minded people, and I kept on chugging along.

When the clock ticks over tonight to 2011, I'm hoping I will feel like a bit of a weight will be lifted, and I can then look forward to all the good things that are coming my way. I'm working on my health and fitness. I've made some decisions about where I want my crafty endevours to head. I've settled into my new job and am really starting to enjoy it and even make some new friends. I want to get my passion back for photography, and have started a photography blog for this. And the most exciting thing of all, my long awaited trip to France in April. Yes, 2011 is looking a little brighter indeed.

Thanks for sticking with me this year. Thanks for all your kind words. Thanks for the encouragement when I needed it. Thanks for being awesome. Here's to 2011!

25 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I have that exact same blog post running around in my head today. I'm so glad 2010 is finishing - what a crappy year!
I wish lots of health and happiness in 2011, and I can't wait to see what you get up to in France (so jealous)!

Fee said...

I'm with you sister - Bring on 2011 - It has to get better - LOL... So glad you decided to stay.

Hugs - Fee X

crzylady said...

can't wait to see what 2011 brings for you! We <3 you!!

LaaLaa said...

Oh Selina. I'm so sorry to read this. This post could have been written by me as I have had a horrendous year too and my health/financial/worry problems are not over yet but I'm praying for a better 2011 for both of us. Max was so beautiful. I lost my 19 year old cat, Pip last year too and I understand your grief. Here's to a brighter 2011! Lynda xx

Janice said...

Hi Selina
Let's hope that 2010 cleared the decks and 2011 is so much better for you. It sounds like things are already on the up and up. I can't wait to hear about your big trip. I'm glad that you kept up your blog.

Car said...

Goodbye crappy 2010 and hello a brighter, better 2011 :)
Glad you stuck around in blogland, you are one of my favs but I do here you about balancing what we put out there and whats really going down (Im a big one for using my blog as my silver lining ;)

Christina Lowry said...

Thank you for being awesome! I hope 2011 is wonderful for you!

xx

Mistea said...

Wishing you good Health and Happiness in 2011.

France will be a great place in April.
Enjoy the anticipation.

Jennie said...

wow - what a year.
I'm with you - for a better and brighter New Year please! Sometimes things can only get better.

Thank you for keeping going with this blog - and for your positivity. I have made so many new friends this year through the blog world. Much love, Jennie.x

Marg said...

I am so sorry you had such a crappy year, I really hope 2011 is so much better for you. Your trip is something to really look forward to, and enjoy. How nice.
I'm very pleased you kept blogging.

Anita said...

Thanks for sharing the journey this year Selina - the ups and the downs. I have come close to leaving my blog behind too, but then I remember all the beautiful people who have come into my life through the blogging community. The friendships do make it truly worthwhile. Wishing you only good stuff for 2011. Lots of love to you and yours, Anita. xxx

teddybearswednesday said...

Oh Selina it hasn't been a kind year to you.
You know, I personally think 2010 was a fairly crap year for a lot of people and maybe it was doomed from the start.
I know mine was pretty difficult too, on a personal level, so I'm glad to see the end of it.
I really hope and wish in the bottom of my heart 2011 is just the most amazing year for you.
You're strong and amazing and you deserve it!xo

Tania said...

You deserve a good clean start to a new year, you do. You grab it, lady. I hope this next year brings you nothing but the best stuff.

Joolz said...

Wow your blog has struck a cord with me as with so many of your readers so lets all believe for a fantastic 2011!

Teresa said...

I know 2011 is going to be a great year for you Selina. You really deserve it. I have loved getting to know you this year and I really hope we can keep up those coffee dates next year. 2011 is going to be your year and I can't wait to follow you along and enjoy the ride. Roll on Paris I say xx

blandina said...

Dear Selina,
my year hasn't been very bright either, but by starting my blog I found some kind and inspiring people that kept me company when things were really crucial.
You are one of those, with the Stocking Swap you made me feel connected with the rest of the world and made me feel less lonely.
I hope that 2011 will bring us more serenity and, who knows, maybe you will pass through Florence on your way to France....
Blandina

74 Lime Lane said...

Wishing you much health and happiness for the year ahead Selina! Will look forward to following along with your photography blog too ~ I'm going to do something simliar, easy to get out of the habit of just taking photos!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful, honest and true post to round up the year.

I too have had one of the worst years of my life, with very few bright little highlights to cheer the fog, but I am so pleased I started to sew again, to blog again and to settle back into my skin again. If I hadn't I would never have read this post.

Here's to a fabulous year of good health, happiness and laughter for you - your time has come!

French Nanny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
French Nanny said...

Oh Selina - truly an annus horribilis!
So glad you're keeping the blog up - there are people here who will listen and soothe and make 2011 a better year for you.

Ruby Star said...

Best of luck for the new year selina.

I'm so glad you decided to stay in blogland. xox

Cath @ chunkychooky said...

What a yrear you had!
This new one is bound to be better, you are going to France! Hooray!!

TJ said...

Hi Selina, Happy new year. Hope you have a lovely handmade and successful 2011! Tracey Jane.

michelle said...

there is nothing like a new start with fresh hopes and high expectations. i hope those expectations all ring true for you. it sounds like an exciting year ahead so sit back, smell the roses and enjoy the ride

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your honesty - I hope 2011 has some really special adventures in store for you!