Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Advent blog-a-long #21

Normally by this time I have done a lot more Christmas baking than I have this year! Is it just me or has this year just flown by, I feel like I've hardly had time to scratch myself!

IMGP3598

Anyway, I had some time spare on Monday, it's usually a day that I work but the rosters got changed around for the Christmas trading, so it kind of felt like I'd been given a day off that I didn't want to waste, so I set to baking. I made these yummy cranberry almond shortbreads that I haven't made for a couple of years but is always a hit. Recipe here. And I also made a little White Christmas that I had wanted to make last year but for the life of me couldn't find plain old Turkish Delight! As soon as I spotted it this year I bought several packets, and what do you know, I haven't seen it since! Weird! Though for this you don't really need a recipe, here is one from Donna Hay.

So that's probably all I'll mange to bake this year. I have wanted for several years now to make a gingerbread house and haven't had much success the last two years I had a go, so this year I bought myself a gingerbread house kit. Hopefully it will be fool proof, I'll let you know how I go!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Thanks for today Selina!
David loved his piece of the shortbread! So delicious!XX

Bron said...

I know what you mean - I've only baked half of what I usually would do!
Yours looks delicious - I love cranberry in shortbread!

Vande Historic Costuming said...

They sound so delish! Alas - left my baking until wayyyy too late this year....not that it was much of a priority in previous years anyway... but I have bookmarked these just in case next year is better! Thanks for the links