Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Plugging my wares...


I reopened my etsy shop a while back and forgot to put the link back up on my sidebar. All done now though, take a look to your right. See the new picture? The one with the cute vintage aprons hanging on the line? Click on it to take you to my shop. For now I will be selling some vintage linens and patterns and stuff.

Very soon I hope to have some other things happening with my handmade wares. I would love to be able to make some money out of this little chenille obsession! Currently my stuff is selling well at Handmade Heaven, but I think you never can have your finger in to many pies at once. I find the whole selling myself quite hard though. It's fine to have my things in a cute little shop and have someone else sell them for me, it's another thing entirely to try to do it myself. And I used to work in retail! I could sell you a camera, but sell you a quilt I made...that's too hard! Does anyone else in the handmade business have this problem? I'd really love to know how others deal with it.

Oh, and the super cute bunny at the top of the post? That's Marjorie Bunnikins. She's the latest custom order bunny who will be heading off on a really big adventure to America tomorrow. I hope she doesn't get air sick!

3 comments:

CurlyPops said...

It's so difficult to plug your own wares, but everyone does it, so why not join in?
I think I'm better at it now that I've done a few markets, but it still doesn't come naturally.

Shinny said...

We can't wait for her arrival. I will be sure to send pictures of her with her new "mommy". I am hoping that she will replace the battered old Care Bear that is the current stuffed animal of choice around here. ;)

Carrie Ann Eddleman said...

Love your cute bunny, and love vintage chenille. : ) Carrie