Sunday, August 8, 2010

Flea Market finds - this one's for CurlyPops

Poor old CurlyPops is back in the slammer. So I've decided to declare this week to be "The Week of CurlyPops". This week I will endeavour to post everyday in the hope that I can help to entertain CurlyPops while she is otherwise occupied. Feel like joining in?


I'm going to start with some Flea Market finds.


I managed to find some time to head out to the op shops this week, but only managed to get to one. But what a score I had! I spent in total $13 and came away with a very large bag of clothes, that I have some refashioning plans for, and some great vintage patterns. I also found a very pretty vintage sheet (the one in the background there, washed but not ironed). There were also a couple of vintage teatowels, this Australiana one I just couldn't pass up. And this very kitsch little toothpick holder that may become a tiny pincushion.

Had any good thrift scores yourself this week?

8 comments:

Jennie said...

What lovely finds! (and a great idea for the koala!)x

teddybearswednesday said...

OOH Love your finds, especially that wonderful Koala.
You're gorgeous you know that?
xo

Jasmine said...

Fabulous tea towel!

I'm useless at opshopping, I just have trouble visualising what I see as being something else. I can look at your teatowel there and think 'that's awesome!!!', but if I saw it in the shop I'd probably just ask myself why I need a teatowel like that.

m.e (Cathie) said...

you are wonderful Selina! Ms Curlypops will be smiling.

trash said...

Ooo! I think you may have a fight on your hands for that koala as pincushion. Perhaps you could start a bidding war and fund a holiday or extension or, or, or ...something.

CurlyPops said...

Awww thankyou so much Selina. You are the sweetest!
And you've managed find some of my favourite things to blog about - vintage patterns and tea towels. I'm loving that pattern on top - I'd definitely wear that little floral skirt suit.

Susan L (lily40au) said...

I'm more than happy to try to keep Cam occupied. PS Great finds. You always find such great stuff.
My Flea Market Find

Cherie said...

Ohhh gorgeous finds! I have a confession to make ... I splurged at my local, but the feeling of guilt is worth it ;) Hope you're having a wonderful week ;)