Sunday, August 8, 2010

Flea Market finds - this one's for CurlyPops

Poor old CurlyPops is back in the slammer. So I've decided to declare this week to be "The Week of CurlyPops". This week I will endeavour to post everyday in the hope that I can help to entertain CurlyPops while she is otherwise occupied. Feel like joining in?


I'm going to start with some Flea Market finds.


I managed to find some time to head out to the op shops this week, but only managed to get to one. But what a score I had! I spent in total $13 and came away with a very large bag of clothes, that I have some refashioning plans for, and some great vintage patterns. I also found a very pretty vintage sheet (the one in the background there, washed but not ironed). There were also a couple of vintage teatowels, this Australiana one I just couldn't pass up. And this very kitsch little toothpick holder that may become a tiny pincushion.

Had any good thrift scores yourself this week?

8 comments:

Jennie said...

What lovely finds! (and a great idea for the koala!)x

teddybearswednesday said...

OOH Love your finds, especially that wonderful Koala.
You're gorgeous you know that?
xo

Jasmine said...

Fabulous tea towel!

I'm useless at opshopping, I just have trouble visualising what I see as being something else. I can look at your teatowel there and think 'that's awesome!!!', but if I saw it in the shop I'd probably just ask myself why I need a teatowel like that.

Cathie said...

you are wonderful Selina! Ms Curlypops will be smiling.

trash said...

Ooo! I think you may have a fight on your hands for that koala as pincushion. Perhaps you could start a bidding war and fund a holiday or extension or, or, or ...something.

CurlyPops said...

Awww thankyou so much Selina. You are the sweetest!
And you've managed find some of my favourite things to blog about - vintage patterns and tea towels. I'm loving that pattern on top - I'd definitely wear that little floral skirt suit.

Snooze said...

I'm more than happy to try to keep Cam occupied. PS Great finds. You always find such great stuff.
My Flea Market Find

Cherie said...

Ohhh gorgeous finds! I have a confession to make ... I splurged at my local, but the feeling of guilt is worth it ;) Hope you're having a wonderful week ;)