Sunday, August 15, 2010

Flea Market finds

To end out "The Week of CurlyPops" I'll show off my flea market finds for the week.

Mum and I, with Miss 13 in tow, headed off to an antiques and collectables fair that was held in Ipswich yesterday. What fun! I really was looking for any vintage laundry related stuff but came up empty in that department. I did however find some other things I never knew I needed!


When I saw this little vase with the deer and squirrel on it, I was smitten! I mean, look at it! The little chicken egg cup I picked up on Friday at a little shop in Ipswich called Vintage Advantage. I totally love that shop.


I also found this 4 cup vintage measuring jug that matches my 1 cup jug perfectly. Like mother and daughter measuring jugs!


Then I found these retro tea and coffee canisters. $5 for the both of them. I have only ever seen them sold as a whole set with the sugar, flour and everything but I really only ever want these two, so I was very happy to score those.

I wish that I had actually taken my camera with me to the fair because there were some gorgeous things there. My Mum has a bit of a vintage rolling pin collection and we saw a beautiful one .....for $295.00!

Hopefully Sophie has the linky up today, so head over there to check out all the other flea market finds.

I hope I kept you entertained this week Cam with all my ramblings!

8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Thanks so much for keeping me entertained this week! I really needed lots af happy sunshiney posts. It was just what the doctor ordered!

Vande Historic Costuming said...

I see your vase, and raise you a biscuit barrel and a tea mug...over on my blog....

Jodie said...

Love that vase ...so cute !

teddybearswednesday said...

what superb finds! Im soo jealous of the deer vase. xo

Tassiegal said...

Funny mum went to Ipswich and I got grumbles about the lack of quality decent stuff as well as the amount of repro being sold @ antique prices! But then again she had gone with a very specific shopping list for herself and me which involved certain 1920's china patterns or old flow china.

Brianna said...

Love the tea and coffee canister. I have 2 cake ones and a tea one but having a hard time finding more. The deer vase is so cute as well.

Snooze said...

gorgeous finds this week ... there's so muchgorgeous stuff discarded out there.

My Flea Market Find

mimilove forever said...

ooo coveting those canisters...and just ben drooling over the macaroons and lemon curd pics too! x;)