Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Flea Market finds

Bit late with my flea market finds this week.

The last couple of weeks I have managed to find some very nice vintage linens. I found this gorgeous orange sherbet vintage sheet that I am considering making a dress for myself out of. It's gorgeous and soft 50/50 poly cotton, but the good quality vintage stuff, so it feels gorgeous against your skin, and will require no ironing. I love laundry but I am not a nut, I don't do ironing!

Some gorgeous Australiana tablecloths too. And a very pretty embroidered suppercloth. Has a few stains so was only $1. Perfect for cutting. I also came across what I think is meant to be a wall hanging. The colours were just so gorgeous I couldn't leave it behind. I translated the Dutch on google translate and it says "My kitchen is my pride". So sweet!

Check out other finds here at Sophie's.

oh, and check out my 356 posts giveaway here.

10 comments:

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Oh yes I can see the dress already. Go on, if I can make one so can you. Love that hanging! But don't really think I could hang it in my kitchen.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Fantastic tea towel find, wow wee!! Love Posie

Charlotte Scott said...

Love that sheet!

zigsma said...

I love the cookware in the wall hanging!

Vande Historic Costuming said...

mmmm...orange sherbet.....

Fat Chick Design said...

Yummy :)

magpie chic said...

Ironing can be very therapeutic you know. I love your dress idea.You'll have to submit it to the vintage sheet blog too.
Love your blog, so glad i found it.
Jacqui

Colette said...

what great finds. vintage fabrics - so hard to resist x

rachel @ idlepines said...

LOVE the wall hanging, I wish my kitchen or keuken was a pretty pink, green and purple! Just gorgeous.

nadine paduart said...

correct translation indeed! it is a funny wall hanging, come to think of it. but understandable... :)))