Monday, December 20, 2010

Advent blog-a-long day 20

IMGP1810

IMGP1811

I haven't really been keeping up with this years blog-a-long now have I?

Anyway, today was the first day I have actually done any Christmas related craft. I have had an idea for a vintage style Christmas wreath after seeing all of the gorgeous ones on flickr. But with limited funds, I wanted a more minimalist version of one, and it took me forever to find white tinsel! So here it is. Do you like? This took me all of 5 minutes and I'm really quite happy with how it turned out. I was going to hot glue everything down then changed my mind, so everything is just tied on. Except for the little toadstools. They are little wire picks so the wire is wrapped around the wreath. That way then if I change my mind, I can take it all apart and start again!

4 comments:

Sue Niven said...

Like it? No! I Love it! fantastic and well done.

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Gorgeous! And very clever just tying it down so you can change it up. Great idea!

Jess said...

Love love love it Selina, great job!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

It's gorgeous. Love the sweet reindeer.