Sunday, February 21, 2010

Handmade Expo wrap up

Wow! What a great one! I haven't been to a Handmade Expo for a while and I was looking for a little distraction yesterday before the onslaught of the next week. For me, this next week is not going to be a good one.


What better way to distract yourself than with some retail therapy. There was an amazing stall where the seller had taken vintage suitcases etc and covered them with paper and many layers of mod podge to create some gorgeous one of a kind pieces. I simply could not resist this gladstone bag. I can see some great photo shoots in the future with my quilts and bunnies and this beauty. The creators name is Emma, but unfortunately doesn't have a blog or website to link to. I can tell you she will be at The Ipswich Indoor Bazaar next Sunday. Check it out if you're in the area.


I also picked this gorgeous owl note book from Handmade at Woolshed Creek. Just gorgeous. And Miss 12 couldn't resist the little owl brooch either.

We grabbed candy eggs and knitted chickens, and coffee and fudge (of course!!) and had ourselves a great day, despite the occasional spot of rain that tried in vain to ruin our day.


Miss 12 and I stopped in to the Salvos store near the Expo on the way home. I picked up these super cute crochet pot holders (??) for a tiny 50c each. My only Flea Market Find for the week.

15 comments:

Amanda said...

oh that case is lovely!

i hope your week is better than you anticipate : )

Amanda x

Unknown said...

So glad you had a great time and what a score with the bag , just stunning !

Kellie Christie said...

I saw the suitcase and bags, they are amazing!!! I really loved them!! I had a stall there yesterday, you should have said HI to me, next market then?

Christina Lowry said...

Love the case and so love the pot holders, they are awesome! :)

Little Waltz said...

That suitcase is such a fab buy!

Snooze said...

what a great day. I love a craft market

Leah said...

I love those pot holders, what a bargin!

CurlyPops said...

What a lovely weekend treat. I hope the next week isn't too crappy if its what I think.

mel @ loved handmade said...

Love the gladstone bag! What a lovely idea, so many clever people out there! Cute pot holders too!

Val - Apple Cottage said...

The owls are adorable Selina. Love finding treasures at the charity shops too. The pot holders are just like Grandma used to make - beautiful.

sue said...

Lovely things - great way to spend the day - craft market and an op-shop. Lucky you!

Teresa said...

Drooling over that bag Selina!!! Great find... and the notebook is gorgeous too. Love your bargain with the pot holders. You have done really well! Hope your week is better than you think :)

Jodie said...

Great score with the bag and the pot holders just gorgeous!!!

Hugs
Jodie :)

Unknown said...

Such cute pot holders! and you found some other lovely bits and pieces too. Hope you had a lovely weekend. Thanks so much for playing.
Sophie x

Cherie said...

Gorgfeous finds - love the bag - love everything ;) Hope your week works out better than anticipated ;)