Sunday, February 14, 2010

Flea Market finds

I had a great opping day the other day. Not only did I come home with the super cute bunny I showed you the other day, but I also came home with my favourite find so far this year.


It was shining like a beacon, all sounds stopped. I headed straight for it, sitting in the little craft section of Vinnies. No price. As regular oppers would know, no price can go one of two ways. This one went in my favour. "$1.00, is that alright?" she said. Is that alright?? This book is just fabulous. particularly as this year I am really wanting to get into making my own clothes. Poor Stella has had no action since she was brought home.

I also picked up this bundle of assorted zips for $3.00. 18 of them. My husband questioned as to what I was going to need 18 zips for. Well, because they were $3. duh. So, to prove to him I needed those zips, I made a little pouch. Also using the gorgeous little applique from Katia. See I did need those zips after all.


The home of Flea Market finds here.


Don't forget to enter my giveaway here.

14 comments:

sue said...

Men just don't get it really - I mean as if you could ever have ENOUGH zips! Lovely book too and so satisfying to put a find into use straight away - cute pouch indeed. Happy thrifting!

Cathie said...

oohhh, love the $1 finds always!
have a hug filled day Selina

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Thrifted zips are the best as they are so expensive otherwise. Love all the colours you got. And that pouch is just perfect with the little applique. Good score!

Melissa said...

Great book and I love your bundle of zips.
Melissa x

pepper said...

ooh I have that book too! I bought it for my sister for christmas, then her husband bought her the same one, so I.got.to.keep.mine! Yay!
x Pepper

Janice said...

Aren't those old sewing books full of great information. They are great to have on the bookcase. Your pouch looks great, not that there is any need for justification for buying the zips.

Lauren said...

OH fun! I love it when you ask the lady what the price is, then they tell you and say..is that alright! like you're going to say no! :)

Anita said...

I have that book too - I'm embarassed to say I "borrowed" it off my Mum many years ago and haven't returned it! I'm sure she'd ask if she wanted it back :) Great finds Selina - well done!

Unknown said...

What a question , what are you going to do with them , men !!!

Unknown said...

YAY! What a fabulous book, looks so useful! And all of those lovely zips! What a great op shopping outing! Thanks so much for playing!
Sophie x

Jodie said...

What a great book find... Love the zipps too..

Hugs
Jodie :)

Snooze said...

that book is a fantastic find.

teddybearswednesday said...

Such super good finds! And what a feeling you must have had finding that book

Unknown said...

I am so glad you liked my applique! What a great use for it too:)

Love your zips bundle! Finds like this always make me happy:)