Sunday, June 6, 2010
Well, some of you may have noticed I dropped off the blogoshere a bit there (and thanks for the lovely emails asking if I was o.k. It was really appreciated.) I wish I could say I was whisked off to some exotic location for a well deserved holiday, but alas I picked up some cold/flu thing from my lovely daughter and have struggled a bit to get rid of it. I am feeling quite a lot better today though.
Over on Kate's blog she has answered 8 questions posed to her by her readers, and to get back my blogging mojo, I thought I would join in. Here goes.
1. Favourite meal to eat?... This is a hard one. I love food. I have many favourites and find it really hard to pick just one. It would probably be thai green chicken curry. I do love a simple at home together dinner though. Sunday night roast has become a bit of a tradition in our house of late and I'm just loving it. It won't be long before Miss 12 no longer wants to hang out with her parents of a weekend so I hope we can at least keep this tradition going so we can all catch up.
2. Do you have a quirky eccentricity?... umm, several! If you have been reading recently you would have read about my laundry love (as in everything laundry. I love washing, hanging it out, or on wet days, loading up the dryer and smelling the fabric softener wafting through the house) and I have also mentioned here about my hatred of feet (shudder). I also have an annoying habit of when I do my grocery shopping I have to line everything up on the conveyor belt in a very strict order. I do then expect the checkout chick to oblige my quirk by putting the groceries into the correct bags as to how I have lined them up. I absolutely hate it when they move things around and put them in the wrong bags, drives me mental. I mean, they don't even have to think, I've done it for them, why do they need to change the order of things?!!! anyhoo...
3. My middle name is?... well, nothing. I don't have one. I am named after my great, great grandmother, which some of you may find interesting. Maybe.
4. I am passionate about....mmm, this is the question that I have found the hardest. I would say chenille, but that sounds a little lame. I have mentioned here about my health issues before and I think that by dealing with that sort of thing my whole life has made me more appreciative of everything in my life. And I guess, without trying to sound cheesy, is what I am passionate about. Life. The little things. I never get bored. Even spending the day at home in front of the t.v in my pj's all day doesn't make me bored. In fact, I love it. I'm actually here to enjoy it. Maybe that sounds even lamer than being passionate about chenille?!
5. Thongs or birkenstocks?.. Thongs. For sure. Maybe I should also clarify here for the American readers, thongs are flip flops. Not the other things you are thinking of! I love thongs. I totally live in them. Being in Queensland too we can wear them almost all year long.
6. Who was I before I had kids?.. I was quite young when I had my daughter (22) so I guess I may not have really found myself yet. But dealing with health issues does make you grow up a hell of a lot faster I believe. I was going to UNI, studying photography, but I had always wanted to be a mum. Well, probably for as long as I was told I probably wouldn't be able to have any kids, that's when I wanted one!
7. Have I ever been arrested?... Umm, no. But I do think if I was passionate enough about something I would be willing to put myself in that position.
8. This weekend I will.... chill out. I have spent the last week coughing and sniffling so I will be sitting here in my pj's on the couch catching up on Ghost Whisperer eps with my feet up and trying to recover. And I will not be bored!
I hope you found some of that interesting. Thanks Kate for the inspiration.
eek, I'm not too sure about that photo! maybe I should find a better one!