Monday, June 28, 2010

Apron swap and thanks

Firstly, thank you for all your sweet messages and emails over the last 2 weeks offering condolences and checking in to see if I was alright. It's been a bit of a tough year, first losing my dog, my job, and now my beautiful cat. Max was with me for close to 16 years so to say I feel a little lost without him is an understatement. It will get better though.

So, moving on. I wanted to show off my gorgeous apron that I received from Sofia, all the way from Portugal, as part of Sarah's apron swap. Sofia sent me an apron with a beautiful design that is very typical of northern Portugal that she then embroidered over some of the design, her stitching is simply divine. Just gorgeous.


She also sent matching shopping bag, tea towel and potholder as well, so generous. Thank you Sofia, it is just fabulous, and thank you Sarah for organising such a fun swap. I was a little late in sending my apron to Sofia, so I will show off what I sent her when I know she has received it.

7 comments:

Christina Lowry said...

Oh Selina, I do hope the rest of the year gets better and better.

Your apron is beautiful and you are right, Sofia was very generous with her other pressies. How wonderful to have something handmade on the other side of the world.

Take care. xx

Cathie said...

ohh Selina, sorry about Maxi, hope things get better for you soon.
sending you hugs & thinking of you ♥

Ruby Star said...

Such a lovely apron, awesome fabric. Good to see you back. x

teddybearswednesday said...

OH Selina, I do hope that's all the crap stuff for you this year and from here it's all uphill.
It's so nice to hear from you, I was beginning to worry about you, although I knew you were probably do it tough.
It's a beautiful apron, I'm so glad you were the one who received it.
big hugs
xo

crzylady said...

VERY Impressive work and I think the set will look gorgeous on your laundry line :) We are glad the universe is sending you lots of love.

Vande Historic Costuming said...

Although he was refering to dogs - I think that any person who has lost a pet would probably still agree with the sentiments of Sir Walter Scott:
"I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?"
As my mother would have said - to every season turn, turn, turn....it is so OK to feel the grief.

Anonymous said...

Ohh I'm sorry to hear about your cat. But I'm happy to see some apron love has cheered you up some xx It really is a gorgeous apron you lucky girl :)