Friday, December 4, 2009

Advent blog-a-long day 4

I have never really thought of having an advent calendar before, but this year I have seen so many around, maybe I need to make one for next year. Having a Grinchy 12 year old in the house has made getting in the Christmas spirit a little harder of late.

I have found a few great ideas for advent calendars online and thought I'd share some with you.


This blog has a great list of things you could put into your calendar each day for things to do together. And I love how it's all displayed.



I love this one, found here. There is a great tutorial and even free PDF printouts for the numbers. The vintage spools look fabulous.



This one, found here, is very effective and something you could do with your little kids using everyday objects that you would have lying around. Gotta love the thrifty Christmas!

So go forth and Google my friends, there are many more advent calendars out there to try out, or just make it up as you go along I guess!

3 comments:

Kylie said...

These are just wonderful Selina. Did you see Gina's as well? They are so fab:
http://clutterpunk.blogspot.com/2009/11/done.html
Great collection of inspiration. :) K

Teresa said...

These are great advent calendars.. Love them all. Going great on the daily post xx

Cookie Cutter said...

The one with the wooden spools had me at first look!! Irresistable!