Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday French Favourites

Friday French Favourites again! I hope some of you join in today, let me know in the comments if you do.

Today, it's macarons. Mmmm. We had a few in France, though I can't believe we didn't check them out in Laduree, mon dieu! Lately that's all I seem to be thinking about. Might have to have another go at making them next week.

While walking along Rue de Rivoli in Paris, killing time until our night bus tour started, Mum and I popped into a McDonald's McCafe and guess what they sold? Yes, macarons! And you can get them in little six pack takeaway cartons! So cute! I can't believe I forgot to take a photo though, oh well, next time!

6 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I went to the French Festival in Brisbane a couple of weekends ago, it was amazing & macarons were eaten. My husband patiently queued for 90 minutes for crepes, bless his heart. Love Posie

Max said...

Bonjour Selina! I too am Macaron mad at the mo. I made my first batch earlier in the week and they were a depressing failure...but I have two lots of egg white aging in the fridge as I write, ready for another attempt on the weekend, wish me luck!
My Friday French Favorite post is here http://blackbirdhasspoken.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-french-favorites.html
Au reviour x

Carolyn said...

Mmmm... macarons... I got into the act with food too. What a shame Maccas in Oz doesn't sell macarons!

custardino said...

So pretty!

Here's my FFF
http://custardino.blogspot.com/2011/07/friday-french-favourites.html

Marg said...

I can't believe you didn't have them in Laduree either, they are out of this world.
I love macarins.

Marg said...

Grr macarons, darn iPad.