Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday French Favourites


I've been feeling quite over this whole moving, unpacking, cleaning, sorting business of late so thought for a bit of fun I might start a bit of a thing. Friday French Favourites. Where on a Friday (well, der) I'll post my favourite Frenchy things. It could be food, or a place I went to, or would like to go to next time (yeh, I said next time) or anything at all French related. You could join in if you feel so inclined. Let me know in the comments. Maybe there will be enough of us Francophiles around to warrant making it a real thing, with linky list and everything!

viviers

Anyway, my first Friday French Favourite has to be my most favourite village I visited while in France, Viviers. When looking back through my photos I've realised I didn't take as many as I thought I did, I really was quite overcome at that time by the fact I really was standing in France!

my wow moment

This village to me just screamed southern France. Its cobbled streets, its village centre, the beautiful Cathedral, the houses, their little doorways, the gorgeous fields on the outer edge of the tiny village, everything I had come to see. It was just beautiful.

IMGP2243

IMGP2239

Please let me know if you add your own Friday French Favourite to your blog, I'd love to see it!

you can check out my whole Viviers set on flickr here.



7 comments:

Marg said...

That's a great idea. I don't really have many photos of France but I've been there twice and loved it. I'm not sure whether I'll add my French ❤ Favourite but I'm happy to look (drool) at yours :)

Carolyn said...

What's not to love about France. There's bound to be lots of bloggers out there yearning for all things French. count me in.

Max said...

Ooh, keen as mustard me...until I get my act together for next Friday, here is a lonk to a post I did for Bastille Day x
http://blackbirdhasspoken.blogspot.com/2011/07/bastille-day-yay.html

Teresa said...

ooooohhhhh.... love those photos Selina... What a super idea. I will try and get organised for next Friday too.... Will have to dig out those photos from Paris....xx

Buy Design said...

Can I just pop in and say ooh.. I wish I was there. We've had a few family holidays in France and always had a fabulous time. Sadly in the days before my camera upgraded to digital, although I do have a few Paris and Disneyland from a couple of years ago. I'll see what I can find for next week.
Fiona

custardino said...

Oooh, I love France and French things, I'll join in next Friday.

Warm Hugs Design said...

I haven't visited France yet, but surely want to now! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos.

Warm hugs,
Pam