Sunday, November 21, 2010

Handmade Expo wrap up


Well, the decision is made, I am not cut out for markets! I was hoping to do a lot better than I did, but at least I suppose I did come out ahead for the day. Lots of people did take my business card, so maybe there will be some follow up trade, one can always hope!

It certainly was a great atmosphere with lovely, friendly neighbours, great food and gorgeous surprise visitors. I was extremely restrained and only came home with this card (could not resist! from here) and my gorgeous flower pin prize from the ever lovely Janie.


Thanks to my Mum for coming and helping me, and thanks to the Handmade Expo team for your great organisational skills, set up and pack up ran a lot smoother than I anticipated with over 130 stallholders and only one way in or out of the venue.

I'll ponder on what to do with all my leftover stock from the market and let you all know in the coming days how you can get your hands on all the goodies! For now
though, I need a rest!

Oh, and this next pic is for you Lara, enjoy!


xxoo

8 comments:

Vande Historic Costuming said...

Your display looks scrumptious! Hope the follow up sales come through!

larzeeflicker said...

shes soooo cute and grown heaps....a typical staffy (spoilt lol) thank you for the update Lara

Kirsty @ Bonjour Quilts said...

Well, at least now you know. Hope you had a good day and enjoyed the company and sights anyway.

bubbachenille said...

Glad you had a nice day even if sales weren't what you had hoped for. I would love some of your left overs in my shop if you are looking for somewhere to sell them !

Teresa said...

Don't despair Selina.. this is the unfortunate thing with markets.. they are so up and down. There is always the follow ups and people will remember you and your gorgeous chenille goodies.

jknee said...

was great to catch up with you today :-)

The Rusty Teapot said...

I understand what you mean, it's such hard work leading up to it all then if it doesn't do that well, it's a
a let down. Just take it easy the next few days and maybe you will feel differently and try another market.
hugs Emma

TJ said...

Hi Selina, I know where your coming from! The markets are hard work and sometimes the return on investment isn't very good.

I've actually stopped doing the markets for the rest of the year and feel much better about making that decision!

Trace.