Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Finally, a re-fashion!

Since I pledged over at Wardrobe Refashion I haven't actually managed to get to do anything! But when I was hanging out some gorgeous vintage sheets, getting ready for the vintage sheet swap, I had some plans a-brewing.I guess not technically a refashion, as in, they were not originally clothes, but they weren't bought fabric either, so I'm counting it as a refashion.


First up these lounge pants that I cut out last week, but didn't manage to put together until 2 days ago. They are super soft and comfy, and perfect for the mild winter that unfortunately Queensland brings.

Then with the other sheet I decided to refashion my bed of sorts. I'm not much into the whole decorating thing but thought this sheet matched my chenille bedspread perfectly, so I got to it. Yes, pillowcases from vintage sheets! Who would have thought!!

Before
After
What do you think?

That ugly black bedside thing has been asking for a revamp for quite some time, and in sitting here looking at the photo I just had a major brain wave on what to do with it. Stay tuned....

7 comments:

melissa said...

Love the pants they look really comfy, and I LOVE the pillowcases! Whatcha got planned for the bedside table?

mandapanda said...

Mild wonter? Mild?! It was a freezing 10 degrees last night!!!
I love the pants, they look fabulous!! And the pillowcases lok fab too. Can't wait to see what you're going to do with the bedside table. I just threw a bit of nice fabric over mine. Keeps the dust off of the polished wood too.

Linda said...

the pants are fabbo I LOVE lounge pants I live for lounge pants and I am loving the pillowcases too and the cushions are to die for of course

Buy Design said...

Oh how I wish our summer was anyhing like your winter. We were in Port Douglas in july a few years ago.. Quite happy in my shorts and tee shirts which are definately not winter wear here in Scotland.
I love your chenille cushions.

Vintage by LOU LOU said...

the bed is looking sweet Selina...love it xx

Ruby Star said...

Oh those lounge pants look sooo comfy. Nice work on the refashion & bedroom make over. Happy to hear you got the postcard x

KITTYNKITSCH said...

after three years of looking at super ugly bedsides i decided to paint them white and put new bone knobs on. ill take a picture this weekend and put it up on my blog for you to take a look at. cant wait to see what you have planned!