Monday, September 7, 2009

Finally, some craft




Well, once I finally finished these for my long suffering customer, I could finally move on to a little project I have had in mind.

I have seen all over the internets people making things (bags, purses, etc) out of those juice pouch things. I thought as much as I like the idea of the juice pouch, it would defeat the whole purpose of reusing if I went out and bought some, just to make a coin purse.

Miss 12 has one of these in her lunch everyday, and now she will bring the empties home to me. It needs some work I know, but I love it.


Recycled popper, 20c zip from the op shop, just priceless.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea. I haven't seen that anywhere before. Did your machine struggle to sew through all the cardboard and foil layers?
PS - Lovely cushions!

CurlyPops said...

That was me in the comment above - no idea why it didn't pick up my ID.

Gina said...

Hurrah Selina, this rocks! You're fabulous. Hey I wonder whether it would work to bind the edge? I'm sure you'll have fun testing out all the possibilities.

Lisa said...

I love the pillows and the wallet is very cute

Nikki said...

I've seen those little pouches everywhere too and didn't trust that they worked... either to sew or as a finished purse. Cool to see they do.

And I am sure your long suffering customer will be suffering no more once they receive your beautiful cushions.

Unknown said...

How talented you are! Love the cushions too! Suzie. xxx

Miss Muggins said...

Simply fabuluous!

Unknown said...

I really love your juice pouch purse- i haven't seen them at all on the internet!