Tuesday, August 31, 2010

PMC workshop

PMC pendant




I was invited by the lovely Kylie of Chasing Purple Dreams to attend a workshop for PMC on Saturday. PMC is precious metal clay and it's fabulous stuff. A lot like plasticine in that you shape it any way you want and then allow to dry. It works much like clay that you can then use an emery board filing off rough edges and finishing off your piece. The exciting part happens when you fire it in the kiln. It burns the extra moisture and clay particles off and you are left with (in our case) fine silver. Wonderful stuff! And oh, the possibilities! Kylie took heaps of action shots, so I'm sure she'll do a better job of explaining the whole process. Anyway, it was a fun day, and we came away with a unique piece of jewellry. Thanks Kylie! And thanks Miss 13 for modeling my piece so well!

To check out more info on PMC head over to May Bartrum's website, the lovely woman who taught our workshop.

4 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Now that is just exquisite.

Chasing Purple Dreams said...

It was so much fun, I am so glad you joined me Selina. I am working on a post; I'm thinking I will put it up on Thursday. Miss 13 looks stunning in her new jewellery!

Sally said...

So so so very stunning!
You've done a brilliant job. So very precious indeedy.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I love what you made. It's gorgeous. The design is great.

Kylie mentioned something (perhaps on Twitter or FB) about doing the workshop. It sounded great. I'm going to look out for something here in Melbourne I think.